[Consortium] Sounds Expo TODO list?

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Mon Feb 2 04:37:01 EST 2004

On Sunday 01 Feb 2004 11:07 pm, Steve Harris wrote:
> Yes, it is pretty balanced, I was just converned about proplr
> expecting tool support to be more mature than it is. *shrug*

Hey, stop shrugging, this is the sort of feedback I was asking for.

I agree that's a real problem -- what I really want to do is promote
the ideas and avoid over-promoting the applications and tools as
finished products in a way that might just inspire disappointment.

On the other hand I do think something like JACK is worth making a
fuss about.  Do you think that one misses the mark from a technical
point of view?

And of course this is a trade show, I suspect there may be quite a lot
of people marketing incomplete products one way or another.  Just so
long as we are honestly promoting the genuine advantages that are
there.

I s'pose the intended message (from a practical point of view) is
something like: if you spend a lot of time trying to get your system
to do what you want anyway, then there may be good reasons for you to
take an interest in Linux right now.  Otherwise, hey, there's
potential! -- and at least we're working on a big variety of
different stuff.

Ah, I dunno.  I had been thinking perhaps of making one of the other
two be a list of links and the other be something aimed at
developers, perhaps... not quite sure though.  Either way those two
could probably balance up the salesiness of the first two by
concentrating on community and the need for developers.

Chris