[Consortium] Re: [Linuxsampler-devel] Re: linuxsampler and oneshotsampler

Daniel James daniel at linuxaudio.org
Fri Mar 18 14:40:45 EST 2005

Hi Stefano,

> I think that swami already support editing of gig file.

According to the website, that feature is in the development version.

> It could be posted a tutorial on oneshotsampler about creating good
> Gigafile instead of simple wave file.

If someone from the linuxsampler project has that information then it
would good to disseminate it - maybe as a 'quicktoot'. I personally
have some good microphones, and record plenty of real instruments
that could provide samples.

> If linuxaudio consortuim could give the hardware infrastructure for
> hosting Gigafiles in oneshotsampler we could have an usable
> sampling free software/free sampler banks infrastructure

I'm afraid linuxaudio.org does not currently own any hardware which it
could donate, but you could try asking member projects. AGNULA Libre
Music hosts complete works, but I don't think they are doing samples
as yet.

If you're talking about the really large samples, I think they might
exceed disc space and bandwidth limitations quite quickly on any
hosted machine. Perhaps a peer-to-peer infrastructure based around
BitTorrent would work.

Cheers

Daniel James
Director