[Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Oct 28 07:07:12 EDT 2008

Robin Gareus wrote:

> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 17:09 +0100, Robin Gareus wrote:
>>

>>> Thorsten is right in saying that we should not keep out-of-date
>>> information and drop old material. We have more urgent issues on
>>> linuxaudio.org than lau and quicktoots.
>>>

>> So are you suggesting that the sub domains are dropped completely or at
>> least not pointing to the existing content?
>>

> neither. If you read my comments closely my suggestion was to have the
> sub-domains (vhosts) become entry points. The content there will be the
> same (or an updated version).
>
> My original judgment on lau/quicktoots/lowlatency was: "good as is -
> maybe some minor modifications" until we have the time to revisit it.
> IMO updating the front-page and lad.linuxaudio.org is much more
> important; as is reorganizing the /members and updating the /music page.

I was only commenting on the items that I am in charge of. It seemed to
me that you were suggesting that the lau, quicktoots and lowlatency
vhosts were unnecessary time wasters and contained legacy content that
didn't need their own sub domain and should not exist on the lao
portal.Hence I offered to remove them from the mix and host them on my
own server where they were originally located. Therefore saving the lao
team the hassle of having to worry about them at all.

Now I really don't know what exactly you are proposing. Do you want me
to move all the content from the above domains to a new location in the
wiki and someone will make the subdomains point to the new location?

If that is what you are suggesting then I think it would be easier if I
just move the content back to djcj.org.

Then you can remove the subdomains and not have to worry about them any
longer.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.