[LAA] QXGEdit 0.0.1 released!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sun Sep 20 08:53:42 EDT 2009

Ten years after,

nothing to do with Alvin Lee's but one by-product of this
über-procrastinator of yours truly :) here goes one more strike to the
Linux Audio ecosystem. Rather an almost forgotten niche nowadays, I
cannot let this rot in my hard disk. There it is, a XG Editor for the
masses, at least the ones who love gems like the Yamaha DB50XG [3], a
precious old piece of hardware that I do strive and joy (pun intended).

If, by this time you don't have the slightest idea of what I'm talking
about [4], move on, there's nothing to see here. This is strictly pure
nineties memorabilia but one of the finest pieces of junk you could rig
into a PC and turn it on a full-fledged rave machine. Do you remember
the days? Awe my 8)

Now that you're following in tune (probably you already googled around)
you may reckon that XGEdit95 and XG-Gold are two fine examples of the
same subject. More than fine, both do excel in their purpose. There were
the high times of shareware (I've told you before, this is memorabilia:)
... yeah right.

Enter QXGEdit. While both of the former may drink the young wine [5]
just fine, it has been my prerogative doing things my own way. Linux
straight. How could it be any other way? Truth is, this bastard has been
slugging on my attic far too long, but this late summer it has revived
to a new life. Time to bring it down and share. Provided theres still
enough interest on the scene ;)

QXGEdit 0.0.1 released!

Website:

  http://qxgedit.sourceforge.net

Project page:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/qxgedit

Downloads:

- source tarball:
  http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qxgedit/qxgedit-0.0.1.tar.gz

- source package (openSUSE 11.1):

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qxgedit/qxgedit-0.0.1-1.rncbc.suse111.src.rpm

- binary package (openSUSE 11.1):

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qxgedit/qxgedit-0.0.1-1.rncbc.suse111.i586.rpm

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qxgedit/qxgedit-0.0.1-1.rncbc.suse111.x86_64.rpm

- binary package (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS):

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qxgedit/qxgedit_0.0.1-1.rncbc.ubuntu804_i386.deb

- binary package (Ubuntu 9.04):

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qxgedit/qxgedit_0.0.1-1.rncbc.ubuntu904_i386.deb

Weblog (upstream support):

  http://www.rncbc.org

License:

  QXGEdit is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms of
the GNU General Public License [6] (GPL) version 2 or later.

Requirements

  The software requirements for build and runtime are listed as follows:

  Mandatory:

  [1] Qt4 (core, gui), C++ class library and tools for
        crossplatform development and internationalization
        http://www.qtsoftware.com/qt/

  [2] ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
        http://www.alsa-project.org/