[linux-audio-dev] Open Music

David Gerard Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Fri Nov 8 18:54:01 UTC 2002

assayag gerard wrote:

> Until now, we did'nt have the internal resources to develop a full
> linux version of OpenMusic. However a fragmental prototype of OM/Linux
> based on cmucl had been developed by Camilo Rueda and his team at Cali
> Univsersity in Colombia. See http://escher.puj.edu.co/openmusic/
> Things are changing now, thanks to the Agnula (A GNU Linux Audio
> Distribution) project. This project is funded by the European
> Commission, coordinated by Tempo Reale in Florence, and involves Ircam
> (coordinator : Francois Dechelle) as a partner. See
> http://www.agnula.org/
> Thanks to Francois Dechelle's support, we may now envision the
> integration of OmLinux in the following monthes, as well as the
> definition of a coherent development strategy between OMLinux and OM/OsX.
> More info to come soon...
>
> Gérard Assayag
> Music Representation Team
> IRCAM

Thanks for the response.  I discovered the project from Columbia a few
days after I posted on this list, and downloaded the code and tried to
compile it.  I didn't build and I emailed the developers at Cali
University, who still haven't responded.  I am, however, very glad to
see that Ircam has decided to move forward on this.  OM is an excellent
piece of software, and I'm looking forward to seeing  it running on Linux!
-dgm