[linux-audio-dev] RE: [Jackit-devel] JACK Meterbridge

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Fri Sep 27 13:38:00 UTC 2002

Steve,
   The meters look good to me, but they're not moving yet... I think the
letters 'vu' could be a bit larger.

1) jackstart -R -d alsa -r 44100 -d Audigy &
2) meterbridge -t vu alsa_pcm:in_1 alsa_pcm:in_2 &
3) alsaplayer -o jack &

   I think that alsa_pcm must be the wrong place in jack to attach the
meters, but I don't know how to determine where alsaplayer has attached
itself to jack? I guess I need that jack patch bay I've been reading
about... ;-)

   Can I measure the output of alsaplayer, or the output of alsa itself?
How?

Thanks,
Mark