[linux-audio-dev] PTAF Specs

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Tue Feb 4 19:53:00 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 21.17, Tim Hockin wrote:
> > Overall PTAF is supprisingly similar to XAP (which is
> > encouraging), there are just some differences in emphasis. Us LAD
> > people tend to be simplecity freaks. I think its one of the
> > really good things about LADSPA.
>
> I think that if we can reach common ground, we can all benefit.
> I'd love to count OhmForce as a partner for pushing XAP, and
> they'll benefit from having us if they want to enter Linux land.

Yes, that's a very good point that I forgot to make when I had the
chance before! I think teaming up with Ohm Force could sort of break
the ice. Demonstrate to other companies that Free/Open Source and
commercial developers *do* have common interests, and that we can all
benefit from some cooperation.

This certainly wouldn't hurt if we intend to get involved in the GMPI
effort. (And we do, right?)

> We just need to decide what we can bend on, and what we can get
> them to bend on :)

Yeah. That's why we're here, isn't it? :-)

And if I haven't said so already, I'm glad to see Ohm Force
represented around here, showing interest in our ideas and opinions.
This definitely feels like things are moving in the right direction.