[linux-audio-dev] OpenAFS and preemptible patch

Maarten de Boer mdeboer at iua.upf.es
Tue Jul 8 06:00:01 UTC 2003

> We have the same situation at work, I have root on my desktop so I'm not
> allowed to NFS mount the fileserver.

But it will allow you to "su" to any user id, and mount it. That's the
problem. AUTH_DES seems to be the solution, but is not implemented on
Linux :-(

> Have you looked at shfs, it allows you to mount filesystems using ssh, so
> you can just use key authentication so theres no need for passwords.
>
> http://shfs.sourceforge.net/
>
> I've used it on a patched kernel without probems.

Looks interesting, but the first line in the installation guide

"Warning: This is beta quality code. It was not tested on SMP machine.
Backup data before playing with it!"

is a bit scary...

Maarten