[linux-audio-dev] patches for kernel 2.4.21 ?

David E. Storey dave at tamos.net
Tue Jun 17 06:02:00 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 04:45, Maarten de Boer wrote:
> it seems that the preemptible and the low latency patches are not yet
> available for the latest kernel, 2.4.21

and that seems strange? ;-)

> has anybody succesfully applied older patches? any idea if the new
> patches are being worked on?

yes and unknown.

The old patches work fine, although, since about midway through
2.4.21-rc series, I ran into some issues where shutdown would get
pre-empted and wouldn't actually shut down the system all the way. They
don't patch cleanly of course, but my list of patches looks more like
the -ac changelog. To me, it's trivial to patch the rejects, but to
someone that isn't all that excited about it, it can be daunting.

d!