[linux-audio-dev] Re: Linux VERSUS OSS ???

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Oct 14 13:45:01 UTC 2003

At Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:57:17 -0500 (GMT-05:00),
Taybin Rutkin wrote:

> Defiant until the very end.  Almost admirable.

well, i wouldn't stop him keeping on programming with OSS API.
surely we'll keep OSS API in the future, too.
so, as long as he is satisfied, it doesn't matter :)

but i'd not recommend the OSS API for someone who starts the audio
programming...

> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/

i must say that the quality of this document is not what every people
wants.  it's still quite less explanatory.  more introducion would be
nice, more example codes are needed, and, and...

while we're trying to release ALSA 1.0 (planned at the end of
October), it'd be greatly appreciated if someone improves and corrects
the document there.

Takashi