[linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Daniel James daniel at linuxaudio.org
Thu Jan 15 12:18:00 UTC 2004

> The problem is, in my eyes the term 'linuxaudio' represents linux
> audio developers, linux audio users, linux audio projects.

As much as I'd like to have seen definitive portals for Linux (in
general) emerge in the 90's, that didn't happen. Arguably kernel.org
is more official and important than linux.org or linux.com.

> Consortium.linuxaudio.org would then be representing a consortium.
> or foundation.linuxaduio.org for that matter.

That's a good suggestion. If there was a project to build a portal for
users, rather than just a simple site for industry partners, then
linuxaudio.org could be the stepping off point for sub-sites. That's
the sort of project I could imagine the consortium helping to make
happen in future. Don't forget linux-sound.org is already doing a
good job though.

Cheers

Daniel