[Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] New name for ladcca?

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Jan 19 18:55:06 UTC 2004

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Steve Harris hat gesagt: // Steve Harris wrote:
>

>>If you think of jack as a modular synth, then LADCCA would be a Polaroid
>>:) maybe not eh.
>>
>>JACK Snaphot?
>

> To take this idea a little further (over the edge): what about
> "JACK Audio Setup Snapshot" or short JACKASS.  Any good?

++votes

i suggest to expand it to "JACK and Alsa Sequencer Snapshot" instead, to
include all of its design targets in the name.

apart from the joke value, i think it's nice to either name it something
with "JACK" or "LA" in it, for some sort of corporate acronym culture :)

--
"I never use EQ, never, never, never. I previously used to use mic
positioning but I've even given up on that too."

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)