[linux-audio-dev] Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a? Is JACK the ultimate solution?

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Tue Jun 8 19:22:24 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 08 Jun 2004 7:46 pm, eviltwin69 at cableone.net wrote:
>     Right click on any slider in JAMin and it immediately goes to
> the default position, whether center or zero.

Ah, now I looked for that feature but didn't find it.   In Rosegarden
you double-click to zero a fader.  I didn't think of right-clicking.

But what I meant about knobs having a more obvious centre position is
that (a) it's easier to see that one is centred, and (b) it's easier
to see that you're dealing with data that has a concept of a centre.
(Rosegarden of course craps all over this theoretical helpfulness by
using knobs for values that have no centre, as well as using knobs
whose central values are not at the top.)

Chris