[linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design (radial movement)

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sat Jun 26 10:18:24 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 09:36:26AM +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> I made the observation that educated people usually do not mind having
> to learn something. So if there is a widespread aversion to having to
> learn and read a manual, that seems to indicate that education levels
> have gone down.

Having to learn and having to read a manual are 2 things,
not necessarily connected.

I like interfaces I can learn to use by exploration.
I don't mind having to learn new things, if there's something
to be gained from, and  expect many people to see this the
same way.

I don't mind having to read documentation to learn how to
uv map a polygon model in some 3d app because of the inherent
complexity. But a single widget is a different story.

---
Thorsten