[linux-audio-dev] Re: LADSPA proposal

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue May 18 10:51:29 UTC 2004

 > Just found this nice and small lisp.  It is used in festival speech
 > synthesis system and named SIOD (Scheme in one defun)

Isn't that the one used in Gimp?  It's similar to Guile, I think.
My apologies for not following the discussion closely, but if it's
lisp vs xml, I'd vote for lisp, and even promise to provide the
C side of the tie-in.

 > > Hey, it's the official scripting language of the GNU system.. :)
 > We don't have a scripting language problem, we have a metadata problem.

And Guile, in my opinion, would be a great choice for either problem;
I think it is presented as "an extension language" -- the scripting
business comes for free, and wasn't to the point anyway.

But XML seems to be everywhere -- so is Windows...