[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] dssi-vst 0.3

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Nov 6 05:59:47 UTC 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 08:40:42PM +0100, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
> Hi Chris!
>
> I read in the documentation that (4-byte) midi-messages from the
> UserInterface has no implicit realtime timing. Thats OK for me, but
> could you please make a cross-reference to where the reliable midi, or
> midi to OSC, takes place?

The midi is sent to the plugin via DSSIs version of the run() callback.
The UI OSC stuff is intended for sending test notes and things of that
kind, though can use it for more if you really want to.

The UI MIDI -> plugin comms channel could be made realtimeable is we
required that host support OSC bundles, but currently we dont.

- Steve