[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] RME is no more

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sat Nov 27 20:48:35 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 20:39 +0000, Simon Jenkins wrote:
> >Meh.  So we all go buy M-Audio Firewire interfaces.  Looks like they
> >will have the first supported firewire gear.
> >
> Supported how? I thought FreeBob wasn't going to support M-Audio after all.
> Is there something else in the works?

Sorry, you are right.  I saw a recent post on alsa-devel that someone
was working on a driver but that was someone from FreeBob.

Anyway, how hard can it be to reverse engineer, say, an 828?  ALSA
developers have reverse engineered many other devices.  Maybe the issue
is that no one has the gear or a strong motivation to buy it.

Lee