[linux-audio-dev] A statement regarding DSSI

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Sep 13 08:18:35 UTC 2004

Hi.

Some of you might remember that I once started a thread
regarding the not-so-good separation of the GUIs from the DSP engines
of typical LAD applications.

I just took the time and looked at DSSI, and as far as I can see,
it would solve most of the problems I am having regarding
UIs.  The OSC based UI->to->host communication concept
nicely separates the actual UI from the DSP code and forces the
developer to separate the GUI code from the actual backend.

This would make it as simple as possible to replace existing
UIs with alternative approaches.  The DSSI plugin could be
reused as a whole, unmodified, only the UI part would need to
be re-written.

Thanks to those who work on DSSI, it looks very promising to me.

Any early adopters yet?

--
CYa,
  Mario