[linux-audio-dev] Acoustic echo canceller released

Sun Jun 5 02:54:58 UTC 2005

Hi,

I thought this could be of interest to some people here. I have just
released an acoustic echo canceller as part of Speex 1.1.9
(http://www.speex.org/). So far, I have tested it on 8 kHz, but it
should work for other sampling rates. It uses the MDF algorithm and
(optionally) residual echo cancellation in the spectral domain. If
anyone is interested in making an ALSA plugin out of it, I can provide
assistance. Oh, and it's released under the (revised) BSD license.

	Jean-Marc

P.S. In case some noticed, there was an echo canceller in Speex before,
but this is the first version to actually work in real conditions
(double talk and all).

--
Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke