[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] WhySynth DSSI softsynth

Lars Luthman larsl at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 29 00:56:34 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 18:35 -0600, Garett Shulman wrote:
> WOW. Whysynth is very cool. For subtractive synthesis on linux it seems
> very frugal on cpu cycles. Nice.  I haven't fooled much with the other
> osciliator types but look forward to. I followed the suggestion (I think
> :) ) at the bottum of this email regarding assigning various midi
> controllers to various synthesis parameters. I added
>        case Y_PORT_VCF1_FREQUENCY:
>           return DSSI_CC(0x00);
> to y_get_midi_controller at line 633 of dssp_synth.c in an attempt to
> connect a continous controller that alsa sequencer shows as parameter 0.
> However I get no varience of cutoff frequency. I'm quite certain that
> param 0 cc messages are getting at least to jack-dssi-host. Can you
> think of something I might be missing, here?

You managed to hit one of the two CC numbers that DSSI plugins are not
allowed to use to control parameters. CC 0 and 32 (Bank select MSB and
Bank select LSB) are interpreted by a DSSI host as "change program
bank", and instead of sending the CC events directly to the plugin it
should use select_program() to select a new program bank in the plugin.
If you use any other CC number it should work.

--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.d.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php