[linux-audio-dev] Setting the Beat of a Clock

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at infovia.com.ar
Sun Sep 25 14:14:31 UTC 2005

El sáb, 24-09-2005 a las 20:12, fons adriaensen escribió:
[snip]

> A very accurate reference frequency can be obtained form e.g. the BBC
> radio transmitter on 198 kHz, and this can be received over a large
> part of Europe (no idea where you are...). Use a simple PLL chip to
> receive it, divide the oscillator frequency by 32 and input as audio.
> Most regions have similar reference transmitters available.
>
> Another option is to use the mains frequency as a reference. This
> is maintained to very high long term accurary (as many clocks depend
> on it), but its short term precision could be bad.

Very interesting project. What about using some external signal
generator? As you need only one signal, I think there must be something
accurate enough for doing this (I mean, not a multi-frecuency signal
generator). Perhaps a professional tunner? I've heard that some of them
have compensation for temperature, for example.
Anyway, I'm gonna ask some friends about this.
Please, keep us up-to-date with this project.

Cheers, Damian.-

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
Arthur C. Clarke