[linux-audio-dev] Re: Which widgets?

Richard Spindler richard.spindler at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:30:38 UTC 2006

2006/2/26, Robert Jonsson <rj at spamatica.se>:
> As for other toolkits, there are soon as many as there are stars in the sky,
> though most of them don't get installed on a standard system. I wonder how
> widespread fltk is? I checked it out a very long time ago there was a lot of
> things to like about it, small, gui-builder etc...

I'm using fltk, and I quite like it, it's small and fast, and most
distris have it in their repositories, It compilies quickly, so it's
not a big issue if it's missing on the users system. There are also
quite a few nice fltk-based apps, so I guess most audio users might
have it on their boxes as well.

I switched from wxWidgets to fltk, and I do net regret it because it
offers almost the same cross-platform capablities (X11, OSX, win32),
while it's headers are much smaller, which results in faster compile
times, and this is convinient during development. There are some
things that I'm missing, that wx has, but I've always found ways to
work around these shortcomings.

-Richard