[LAD] Streaming

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Aug 10 05:40:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm just reading about the latest big thing from apple for the iPhone
and found this quite interesting.

http://iphone.akamai.com/solutions.html

"
The segmenter also creates and maintains an index file containing the
list of short media files that were created. These files are placed on a
web server.

A media player built into the iPhone OS is provided a link to the index
file, it then requests the media files in order and plays them without
any pauses or gaps between segments "

Just out of interest do we have anything like that for open source?

Doesn't seem like it would be particularly difficult to build.

Cheers.

--

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd