[LAD] palm pre [was Re: [ANNOUNCE] Safe real-time on thedesktop by default; Desktop/audio RT developers, read this!]

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jun 24 12:05:36 UTC 2009

I dunno if you're a coder too, but those words you wrote are the words
of a user :).

By the way I'm a fan of extremes, I like KDE (only with KWin) ex 3.5.9
and Ion2, but actually I'm running GNOME and this also has is advantages
and disadvantages.

Do you agree that a dual or multi boot might be the best solution to fit
to all needs?

I would interpret your mail this way. You didn't blame any sound server,
but you make out for which usage you are fine with which sound server.
Am I wrong?

The 'palm pre' thread is uncoupled from the origin thread, that's why I
guess it's okay to speak about user needs here, nobody will disturb any
technical expert knowledge discussion at the original thread.

By the way, an rt-audio distro like 64 Studio often works OOB for
rt-audio too, not for my hardware, but it is made to fit to many
hardware combinations.

Thank you for reporting your experiences.

Cheers,
Ralf

Secret of Tux: http://images.wallaceandgromit.com/user_uploads/forum_thumbnails/5/75/355.jpg
"Gromit bit me" says HMV dog: http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03_03/GomitHMVPA_468x319.jpg