[LAD] Tux Paint for music?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed May 6 23:05:09 UTC 2009

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Sugar/ XO is in my 64 Studio 3.0 / Ubuntu Hardy repositories. Hm, I
> guess I read something about TamTam isn't fine with XO? I might be
> wrong. I must be wrong, XO seems to be a platform for a project called
> One Laptop Per Child. Anyhow, I just watched the list and found TamTam
> interesting, but at the moment I have something more important to do.
>
> I hope this is a help for David, who ask for it, maybe he can report if
> it's fine and write a little howto ;).

FYI, my 2.5 year old has had an XO since Xmas and he enjoys using tamtam
to make sounds. The sugar interface is intuitive for him and even though
he has thrown the device around several times it is still perfectly
functional and doesn't have a scratch or blemish on it.

I can highly recommend getting an XO as a gift for any child. When you
buy one you also donate a second unit to a child who is not fortunate
enough to have the resources to purchase one on their own.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd