[LAD] [Jack-Devel] more jack/qjackctl madness

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Sun May 17 16:14:26 UTC 2009

On Sunday 17 May 2009 07:31:03 Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> 1. I definitely want to be able to terminate qjackctl
> without stopping jackd, even if that jackd was started
> by qjackctl. This used to be possible.

Indeed it did. I used to do it all the time. I have noticed I had problems
with this recently but figured my forgetteror was working in high gear.

It should certainly be possible to:

1. start qjackctl with a running jack and have it gain control over that jack
and then be able to quit that qjackctl and leave jack running.

2. start qjackctl, start jack from qjackctl, quit qjackctl leaving jack
running.

Are either of these now impossible by design and if so, why?

all the best,

drew