[LAD] [Jack-Devel] more jack/qjackctl madness : some comments

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Tue May 19 07:03:28 UTC 2009

Fons Adriaensen <fons at kokkinizita.net> writes:

> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 10:50:01PM +0100, Krzysztof Foltman wrote:
>
>> I don't see the problem, let alone OMG INTERCEPTING C API CALLS!!11! or
>> eating babies.
>
> Well, the current implementation *does* intercept C API
> calls in order to divert them to dbus, it's not just an
> addition to the standard jackd. I never mentioned babies
> being eaten.

As long as interface is same at C API level everything is fine. dbus
cant and does not intercept any C API calls. The implementation of the
jack_client_open(), only when compiled in dbus model, only when wants to
start jack server, starts the jack server by *CALLING* libdbus
function. That C level libdbus API call is then implemented by using the
dbus IPC mechanism (sockets) and then gets into jackdbus process that
executes the call. Nobody is intercepting jack.h API C level calls.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>