[LAD] JackMixDesk

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed May 27 01:14:34 UTC 2009

2009/5/26 Ulrich Lorenz Schlüter <audio-mobster at gmx.de>:
> Jens M Andreasen schrieb:

>>> The thread is calculating all the gains every 100 nanoseconds.
>>>

>> Oh! It could be that the implementation of nanosleep() has changed then.
>> At that rate you cannot meet deadlines reliable without hugging on to
>> the processor, which would then explain why CPU has gone way up for you.
>>

>> /j
>>
>> [Seriously, You really are sampling at 10MHz?]
>>

> I'll get rid of it although it wasn't any cpu consuming on my old
> system. 10MHz oops that's not what I wanted.

note: for GUI purposes, given that your display only redraws at
between 60Hz and 100Hz, there is little point in computing values for
display at frequencies much above this. the simplest technique is to
compute them once per jack_process() cycle and stuff the results into
a suitably sized ringbuffer where the GUI will read them. the GUI just
grabs all available values and uses the most recent one.