[LAD] Location of header files...

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Wed May 27 20:57:37 UTC 2009

Ulrich Lorenz Schlüter wrote:

> On my system the location of some headers changed. For example
> /usr/include/lash/lash.h changed to /usr/include/lash-1.0/lash/lash.h.
> Are the headers in the wrong place or is there a link missing or do I
> have to change my #includes?

Your includes should always be:

    #include <lash/lash.h>

Then use pkg-config to figure out what to add to CFLAGS using:

    pkg-config --cflags lash-1.0

and for the link stage, to find the libs to link use:

    pkg-config --libs lash-1.0

This may all seem a bit excessive at first, but it has the advantage
of allow you to  have multiple versions of a library available so
that different programs can use different verions of the lib.

HTH,
Erik