[LAD] [OT] Richard Stallman warns against ChromeOS

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 14 13:51:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 16:42 +0300, Louigi Verona wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>         On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 13:14 +0000, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>         > Stallman hitting the mainstream news:
>         http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2010/dec/14/chrome-os-richard-stallman-warning
>         >
>         > Victor
>

>         Hi Victor :)
>
>         a good OT post, thank you and full ACK with Stallman here. I'm
>         not all
>         the time conform with his statements ;).
>
>         Btw. there e.g. is 'Alice Disk & Alice SmartDisk', 5 GB for
>         free to
>         'safeguard' your private data ;), if you pay, the user space
>         is
>         unlimited.
>
>         I need to ask total strangers, if they would like to safeguard
>         my
>         wages ;). Even allegedly reputable PayPal will fuck us and
>         hold back
>         donations without any lawsuit, just because big brother is
>         pissed.
>
>         Anyway, this is for stupid people who are 'careless' by hook
>         or by crook
>         and who don't care for trackers and thingies like this too,
>         instead they
>         watch bollocks-TV's lurid reports, e.g. about the dangerous
>         Internet,
>         followed by experts that teach them stupid stuff to protect
>         their
>         current hyped Windows.
>
>         Gag me with a spoon!
>
>         Cheers!
>
>         Ralf

> Yeah, Ralf, although an interesting thought is that Stallman by
> speaking about it acknowledges that he considers freedom should be for
> everyone, even if they do not understand it. So although I understand
> the "stupid people" thing, from an emotional standpoint, I would still
> love to find a solution that makes even "stupid people" free ;)

I'm working for childcare, but as an audio and video engineer, as I did
in the past. This could be the beginning to free people by getting
knowledge, unfortunately just by little and little. :)

One of the social pedagogues did switch from an Windows app to TuxPaint,
but for the Windows version, when I recommended Tuxpaint.

Btw. I very often guess that I need to use the Google search engine,
because Scroogle, Ixquick and similar don't give the needed hits :(. Of
cause there are Ghostery and CustomizedGoogle, but they need Firefox.