[LAD] [OT] Richard Stallman warns against ChromeOS

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 17 10:23:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 11:05 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I'm turning on my computer several times a day and my drives get
> broken after 2 years

Last time this happened Gene recommended that I should hit the hard disk
drive with a hammer on startup and it worked :). I was able to backup
important data, but I couldn't backup all data. I noticed that after the
HDD rest for a while, a week or so, it worked better when using the
hammer, resp. I used a slat.