[LAD] PCM Troubleshooting Questions

Rory Filer rflyer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 04:40:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Jens M Andreasen

> "We got signal?" :)
Yes indeed. I even treated myself to a handful of candies from the
corner vendor :)

> What I would do at this point, is to generate a 1000 Hz tone with only a
> single bit set, shift the bit through the 32 possible positions in the
> interleaved stream and note where it shows up in the wrong channel
> and/or shows an unexpected dynamic jump.

Thanks, I'll add this to my arsenal of tricks although your next question was
insightful.

> Do you have a way to rule out that it isn't the FM transmitter/receiver
> that is misbehaving?

I had to doctor up another commercial product and feed its known good I2S signal
into the FM stage and the bad audio was still there. Doesn't rule out
a problem with the Marvell yet, but fingers are crossed.

This has been a good learning experience but I can see this is only
just scratching the surface so far. Thanks for sharing some insights
and cool tricks,
they really helped with the understanding as well as the troubleshooting.

Regards,

Rory

PS - I have to apologize yet again for accidentally sending this reply
directly to Jens
the first time. This is a resend to the list