[LAD] Portable user interfaces for LV2 plugins

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Mar 2 23:17:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Olivier Guilyardi <list at samalyse.com> wrote:
> Ears are not separated from the body. Not only am I interested into the
> convergence of audio and graphics but also touch. This basically is what my
> Android app is about. Aside of that I've worked with a painter on an artistic
> project which consists in a dialog between painting and music. That affects my
> point of view. Also, the feelings I get when I touch and see my guitar have a
> great influence on what I play. And I'm certainly not the only one.

you're looking at a controller. not data. totally different things to
be looking at. everybody agrees that the controller design needs to be
good. it doesn't have much to do with the display of data, though (or
rather, its not directly related to it). see fons' last post.

you're also adding touch to the sensory experience (on the guitar),
which after significant experience, overrides visual information.