[LAD] Headless RME HDSP/HDSPM mixer settings

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Nov 28 22:43:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 23:17:17 +0100 Adrian Knoth
<adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de> wrote:
> Speaking of which, I'm currently hacking a matrix mixer for RME
> cards:
>
>     http://adi.loris.tv/xhdsp.png
>

> It's a toy project to improve my rotten C++ skills, so I chose gtkmm.
>
> I still need to add support for double/quad speed modes and maybe
> polish the GUI a bit, but otherwise, it's fully functional.

Hehe, reminds me of a certain mixer-widget I once wrote:-)

Two comments:
 - Nowadays you really should do the realtime-number-crunching in C/C++
   and the frontend/gui in python/ruby. So much easier.
 - Use a scale from black (-inf), blue (negative dB) to green (0dB)
   over yellow to red. Yellow should be for values "hotter" then green.
   Its what the color suggests and what probably all VU-meters since
   the invention of color use.

Have fun,

Arnold