[LAD] RME madi latency

Fokke de Jong fokkedejong at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 13:04:49 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have a RME madi fx card, but i found out that the minimal buffersize for those cards is 8192 samples, which is way to big for my use.
So i am thinking of returning the card, and getting the ‘normal’ rme madi (without the fx). As that seems to have a more sensible minimal buffersize of 128 (or so i am informed).

I wonder if anyone here that owns a RME madi ( or has access to) ever did a real world round trip latency test on it?

Of course it depends on the converters as well, but it would be great to have some numbers anyway.

cheers,
Fokke