[LAD] Will I can get the configuration I need...?

Mario Sottile mariomey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 20:58:40 UTC 2016

For some days, I'm testing some ways to send/receive audio to/from two
computers connected with WiFi to a router. I use Jack in both machines
and I need to use WiFi, no wires, because of a necessarily comfort issue.

      What I tested:

- netsend~/netreceive~ from http://www.nullmedium.de/dev/netsend~/. It
works, but it makes a lot of click/pops: unacceptable.

- I compiled zita-njbridge and, finally, I made it work: also
unaceptable because of similar noises and silences.

      What I didn't test yet:

- netsend~/netreceive~ from http://www.remu.fr/sound-delta/netsend~/,
because it is not compiled for Linux and I don't know how to do it.

- I tried to use jack.trip but, because an error, I should compile 1.1
version. I didn't do it, because I have to install Qt5. I'm afraid of
doing a mess...

- NetJack1: I like the idea of compressing audio, but I don't like the
master-slave design because I have to use both soundcards speakers and
microphones.

- NetJack2: also it has master-slave system. I don't know if I will can
make the configuration I need.

Also, I have to send from one computer to the other, a screencast (I
would use VNC or "X over SSH", I have to test them). It doesn't matter
if it is not perfect, it is only for monitoring.

Now, the question: *Will I can get what I need? Will I can send audio
to/from both computers with no clicks/pops/silences and also send video
from one to another?

*If the answer is "NO", I'm ending right here my research.
Thanks in advance.