[linux-audio-user] VIA EPIA-M9000 for audio?

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Mon Dec 23 11:16:01 EST 2002

> Would this board work well as a the basis for a dedicated, perhaps
> portable, digital recorder?

I think the key question is: drivers. With all the components on board, if
there aren't GPL drivers available then I'd steer clear. You don't need
another NVIDIA-type situation.

As for recording, I think stereo plus midi is feasible, but what about more
than two tracks? Audacity is lightweight, and seems to need a fast disk more
than anything else. If you want two tracks at a time plus overdubs, that
might be the way to go.

Cheers

Daniel