[linux-audio-user] 24bit 96khz cards that work well

Jan "Evil Twin" Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Mon Dec 30 19:14:01 EST 2002

Mark,

	JACK supports 96KHz.  I'm using the same chipset on my DSP24 card (ST
Audio DSP2000 C-Port).  I get some xruns but that comes with the
territory.  If I increase the buffer size to 2048 and use the card's
digital mixer (via envy24control) to monitor I don't usually have any
problems (running at 96KHz).  On the other hand, I'm running an Athlon
XP 1700+ and using fvwm2 to reduce use of system resources.  I have,
apparently, the worst combination of hardware - envy24 chipset, VIA
KT133A chipset MOBO, Athlon processor but the ST Audio web site had some
good advice on this combination.

Jan