[linux-audio-user] linux audio on Gentoo

Thomas Charbonnel thomas at undata.org
Mon Nov 18 15:21:00 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 19:11, Guy Clotilde wrote:

> I have a toshiba laptop too (satellite 4310). Could you enlighten me about the buggy cardbus/pci bridge handling?
> I run a Mandrake 8.2 with 2.4.16 kernel + morton patches and I'm happy with it, mainly for live recording and "soundtrackering". I don't run any RME HDSP card so maybe it's not useful for me, but I will be pleased to be less dumb :)

The problem I had (the CardBus HDSP card got an IRQ from the system but
no I/O port) came from the fact the kernel did not handle correctly
certain correctly certain types of intel PCI bridges (among which the
82801xx series that is found on my Toshiba Satellite 3000-514 laptop, I
don't know what's on your 4310).
The patch and further discussion can be found here :

http://groups.google.fr/groups?hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=20020816194825.A7086%40jurassic.park.msu.ru&rnum=2

Thomas