[linux-audio-user] Evolution UC16 problems, modules.conf for usb-midi and usb-audio together

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Oct 22 15:11:01 EDT 2002

iriXx wrote:
> hi Patrick,

I have forwarded this to the devel list. To subscribe please visit this
link.

> thanks so much... this will improve things wonderfully not just for the
> Evolution but for my quattro as well... i had assumed that in rc3 the
> midi interface for the quattro wasnt implemented.... i shall give cvs a
> try straight away, as this is part of a review for a uk magazine...
>
> could you give me the address for subscribing to alsa-devel? i would be
> happy to test and report back...
>
> the problems i've had with modules.conf are in adding support for the
> two cards - which of course wont be necessary with the cvs version...
> i shall ask again on alsa-devel if i have any more problems...

There are some changes that need to be made regarding the modules.conf
file and the options for the driver. Specifically all snd_xxx references
have been changed to just xxx. Ie remove the snd_ prefix. This has been
done to ensure the alsa modules options are inline with the Kernel
standard. NB this is completely seperate from the module name which is
snd-xxx. That has not been changed.

Interestingly enough we are in the process of debating how and what to
do about getting more articles published on Linux Audio. If you want any
  second opinions on the article before it is published I am happy to
have a look at it.

Please let us know when you publish it too.

Also could you send your modules.conf file in the next post so we can
see what you are doing to load the modules.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem