[linux-audio-user] (REQ:) Linux live encoding

m m at irixx.org
Fri Oct 25 16:40:01 EDT 2002

yes, thats a great idea - yeah icecast would have been my reccomendation
too....

please do keep us informed of how things turn out - i would be
particularly interested as i'm planning, together with Jack Woehr and
others, to start a Free Music foundation along similiar lines to the
FSF, but promoting copyleft licensing in music... there are many people
working on Open and Free licenses for music, but so far no umbrella
organisation to keep everyone in touch - my feeling, as i work on my
book 'copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom' (see
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk) is that we need a whole new Free
infrastructure if we are going to succeed in our goal - not just
composers releasing Free music but webcasters, producers, record
companies.... and of course software developers :)

good luck!

miriam

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

 _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email