[linux-audio-user] All at the same time?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Oct 29 12:04:00 EST 2002

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>    Fundamental question - Does alsa support multiple applications generating
> audio all at the same time?

Yes. But the code is not written. JACK is the only option for low
latency. There are plans to make artsd jackified but noone has started
on it ASFAIK.

>    Specifically, is it possible to run one or more OSS applications, with
> one or more Alsa applications, and jack enabled applications all at the same
> time?

Not unless the oss apps can connect through jack which is possible but
the code has not been written

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem