[linux-audio-user] dell latitude cpx, windows (barf!) xp and linux?

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Sat Apr 5 18:34:01 EST 2003

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 23:31:14 +0100
iriXx <m at irixx.org> wrote:

> other issue i'm wondering about is installing linux alongside windows
> (barf!) xp... ughh... i swore i'd never use XP but its come pre
> installed. borg edition, yuck.... but i need it for work.
> so i'm thinking maybe with xp being so difficult, running lnx4win
> might be an idea, but would this be more demanding on system
> resources? i'd like to partition the drive but im not sure how to go
> about this on XP... yuk yuk yuk... win2k was easy enough though....
> *sigh*....

I managed to do this on my laptop - I have XP and linux working dual
boot (although I haven't booted XP in months - I just keep it cos I had
to pay for it... )
The only difficulty is that you have to get a recent version of
partition magic (8?) to resize the xp ntfs partition - it's a different
version to win2k.

I managed it Ok anyway, and I'm usually hopeless with that kind of
thing...

dave