[linux-audio-user] Casio CTK-671 under Linux

Lex Ross lross at grondtron.com
Fri Aug 1 21:42:01 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I am just switching to Linux and am trying to find something that can make my
Casio CTK-671 keyboard work. It has no buit-in rhythm programming but rhythms
can be downloaded into it through MIDI interface. These are available for
download from Casio music web site

But there is no software that allows you to compose the ones of your own. Not
to mention that there is no Linux version of the software.

There is a 60-page MIDI manual however

and Windows version of the downloader:

With these I hope I will be able to figure out how to program and download
rhytms into the keyboard. I wonder however is there is a standard protocol?
Do you know of anyone who ever tried to figure this out? It makes sense to
learn what others have done so far before starting a new project.

I would appreciate your help and any information that you may have.

Kind regards,