[linux-audio-user] Invert And Mix

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Sun Aug 24 14:24:02 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 10:31, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 09:19:56 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >    I was looking for a solution that was possibly more like 'diff',
> > where it finds where the differences begin in two text files even if the
> > line numbers are different. When I read through the rsync description I
> > didn't see that it would do that, but possibly it does.
>
> This script turnes a pair of wav files into a pair of text files with one
> sample per line and diffs them, it is pretty simple and did the job, but
> its not very efficient. I used it to check dodgy spdif cables :)
>
> run it with eg. "./audio-diff file1.wav file2.au"
> it doesnt like float wav files though, cos it uses sox.
>
> audio-diff:
> -- cut --
> #!
> sox $1 /tmp/$$-a.dat
> sox $2 /tmp/$$-b.dat
> diff /tmp/$$-a.dat /tmp/$$-b.dat
> rm -f /tmp/$$-a.dat /tmp/$$-b.dat
> -- cut --
>
> - Steve

Steve,
   The beauty of the Linux command line! I love it!

   Presumably if one file had a few seconds of silence at the start of
end I could just delete that by hand in vi? I don't know how far off in
lines diff can handle looking for a first match, but a few seconds could
end up being 100K lines...

Thanks,
Mark