[linux-audio-user] Analyzing ogg files

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Mon Dec 1 23:08:42 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 07:52:23PM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>    How can I get info from an ogg file that tells me things like sample
> rate, bit-depth and other information? sndfile-info doesn't seem to know
> about ogg files. (A surprise to me...)

Check out ogginfo(1) - it should've come with vorbis-tools and tells you
all that good stuff:

ross at turalyon:~$ ogginfo /opt/music/ska/Deal\'s_Gone_Bad_-_Overboard/Deal\'s_Gone_Bad_-_Too_Early\,_To_Late.ogg
Processing file
"/opt/music/ska/Deal's_Gone_Bad_-_Overboard/Deal's_Gone_Bad_-_Too_Early,_To_Late.ogg"...

New logical stream (#1, serial: 76523cb2): type vorbis
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...
Version: 0
Vendor: Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20020717 (1.0)
Channels: 2
Rate: 44100

Nominal bitrate: 112.001000 kb/s
Upper bitrate not set
Lower bitrate not set
User comments section follows...
        title=Too Early, To Late
        artist=Deal's Gone Bad
        date=
        album=Overboard
        tracknumber=6
Vorbis stream 1:
        Total data length: 3035797 bytes
        Playback length: 3m:39s
        Average bitrate: 110.815733 kbps
Logical stream 1 ended

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.