[linux-audio-user] ALSA: What is the website missing?

Tim Orford tim at orford.org
Tue Dec 2 12:54:20 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 11:54:48PM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> [...]
> This is supposed to be the functionality of the user additions section.
> Writing up a specific .asoundrc for every card supported is an awesome
> task. It would require the developers (usually Takashi or Jaroslav) to
> spend the time for every device known to work. That means less actual
> coding. However there are plenty of people who use the devices and
> figure out the syntax for the .asoundrc by themselves. Recently I have
> been recieving about 4 useful additions per week.
> [...]

what about editing of the user submitted notes?

when the number of submissions increases, it becomes harder
to digest the information, some of it being better than others.
Ideally it might be nice to integrate good comments into the body
of the page. As its obviously far too much for Takashi and Jaroslav,
how about assigning responsibility for this to someone who owns
one of the cards. Eg i currently use the cmi8738 and would be willing
to be editor for this card. I can imagine there might be problems
with this, but....

cheers
--
Tim Orford