[linux-audio-user] Open Studio HOWTO?

tompoe at renonevada.net tompoe at renonevada.net
Sun Feb 2 21:21:00 EST 2003

Hello m~:  Still have that DMCA itch.  Need to find another active list
to scratch it.  Any suggestions?

Open Studios is now fiddling with the final setup for its' specs for
hardware and software on a generic PC [or as generic and low price as
possible].  We're interested in hearing from those that have already
done the legwork to get a system that works for them, and then we want
to use the specs to help communities get a jump-start on building and
operating community-based recording studios.

Michal mentioned what he envisioned about a Gazette approach for an
audio user site.  Open Studios is a nonprofit organization, seeking tax
exempt status.  I don't think we're in a position to start a web site
that seeks donations until we can offer the tax-deductible receipts, so
it might be better to have this pop up someplace else.  Is the lau-user
list able to expand in this direction?
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Open Studios
Reno, NV

--
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
"There is no Public Domain unless we do it ourselves"