[linux-audio-user] i'm a graphic designer - use me! ;-)

iriXx m at irixx.org
Wed Jan 22 16:33:00 EST 2003

> The advantage of knobs (that actually work in a rotary fashion) is that you
> get built in fine tuning, by dragging the mouse further away from the centre
> of the dial.
>
> It's all personal though, myself I'm not too keen on too many numbers all over
> the place on a GUI, and prefer visual indications - otherwise I starting
> thinking maths instead of music.

oh definately... numbers can really mess things up - unless, as it was
suggested, tooltips might be a good way to keep them invisible until
needed...

the problem i find though with knobs is that a mouse just isnt a
fine-tuned enough tool to drag a knob around - this might just be the
apps i'm using currently though, and the way they've coded their
knobs... if i use my graphics stylus, things improve, but i've only got
one usb port and cant run it concurrently with my usb-quattro...

its an interesting thought though, how much do GUIs influence our
composition?...
my favourite apps have always been those that fitted like an invisible
glove, that never intruded on my thinking but gave me the space to do
all the things where my mind was leading me...

m~

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

  _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email