[linux-audio-user] [ANN] swh-plugins 0.3.4

Taybin Rutkin trutkin at physics.clarku.edu
Thu Jan 23 17:15:01 EST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Steve Harris wrote:

> I was wondering of it was possible without RDF, with RDF there are a
> number of solutions. It soulds like it would be, but it would make the
> plugin depend on external data, which may or may not be a good idea.

How is it done now?  Is a string hardcoded in a variable in the plugin?
If so, as long as the domainname of the plugin is known, the host can do
something like:

set_domainname(LC_ALL, plugin->domain);
label = gettext(plugin->label);
set_domainname(LC_ALL, host->domain);

gettext works by looking up the source's native string in the translation
file.  As long as you can send gettext a known char*, it can look it up.

Taybin
--
http://www.piratesvsninjas.com